About the Journal
ISSN (Print) 2305-2643 ISSN (Online) 2305-2651
Abbreviation: Khyber Med Univ J
CORRESPONDENCE ADDRESS (Principal Contact)
Khyber Medical University Journal
KMU Institute of Medical Sciences (KIMS), Kohat, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Pakistan
MANAGING EDITOR KMUJ
Khyber Medical University
Main Campus, Phase V, Hayatabad, Peshawar, 25100, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Pakistan
Tel: +92 91 9217703, 9217696; Fax: +92 91 9217704
QUARTERLY (March, June, September & December)
AIMS AND SCOPE OF KMUJ
- Khyber Medical University Journal (KMUJ) is a peer reviewed, open access, multi-disciplinary medical journal that publishes scientific research articles related to biomedical sciences.
- KMUJ covers a wide range of medical fields including basic & clinical medical sciences, medical & dental subspecialties, rehabilitation medicine, allied health sciences, clinical psychology, public health and medical educational research.
- Target audience of KMUJ are medical graduates, post-graduates, post-doctoral, and health professionals. To encourage research in undergraduate medical students, KMUJ has dedicated “Students Section” as well.
- KMUJ publishes original research papers, narrative and systematic review articles, case reports, short communication, special communication, viewpoint, reasearch study protocols, editorials and letters to the editor by scholars of biomedical sciences. All research articles are subject to peer review process as mentioned in review policy of KMUJ.
- KMUJ is a strong advocate of ethical medical journalism and promotes the integrity of science by practicing highest standard of research and publication ethics. Any misconduct noticed during or after publication in KMUJ will be dealt according to COPE guidelines.
- KMUJ is an OPEN ACCESS journal published in print and online, included in Directory of Open Access Journals, all content is FREELY available without charge to the user or his/her institution.
HISTORY OF KMUJ
KMUJ started its publications in 2009 From Kohat University of Science & Technology (KUST) as KUST Medical Journal (KMJ) with ISSN-P 2072-7763 & ISSN-E 2073-929X. In 2012, KUST Medical Journal was renamed as Khyber Medical University Journal and handed over to Khyber Medical University Peshawar, and since January 2012 (Vol 4, Issue No 1: 2012), KMUJ continued its publication as official journal of Khyber Medical University Peshawar, Pakistan.
- Prof Tariq Mufti Jan 2009 to March 2009
- Prof Salim Khattak: April 2009 to Sep 2017
- Prof Akhtar Sherin: Oct 2017 to date
- Dr Akhtar Sherin: Jan 2009 to Sep 2017
- Dr M. Haris Ramzan Oct 2017 to date
KMUJ (KMJ) IS Indexed & abstracted in: Web of Science, Scopus, Pakmedinet, WHO IMEMR Current Contents, Directory of Research Journals, CAB Abstract & Global Health UK, SafetyLit, Pakistan Scientific and Technological Information Centre (PASTIC), Tehqeeqaat
Recognized by: Higher Education Commission (HEC) Pakistan, Pakistan Medical Commission (Formely Pakistan Medical & Dental Council), & College of Physicians and Surgeons (CPSP) Pakistan (for submission of paper(s) in lieu of dissertation for trainees).
Included in "Directory of Open Access Journals" (DOAJ); Asian Digital Library
Registered with: International Serials Data System of France
Covered by: Google Scholar
Available on: EBSCO, Factiva, Gale and affiliated international databases through Asianet-Pakistan
EDITORIAL POLICY OF KMUJ
KMUJ, is a PEER REVIEWED, OPEN ACCESS, medical journal. KMUJ is the official journal of Khyber Medical University Peshawar Pakistan, published on Quarterly basis.
KMUJ follows the International Committee of Medical Journal Editors (ICMJE) uniform requirements for manuscripts submitted to biomedical journals (updated on http://www.icmje.org/recommendations/). KMUJ also follows the policies of World Association of Medical Editors (WAME) and Pakistan Association of Medical Editors (PAME).
NOTE: For details see Editorial Policies of Khyber Medical University Journal
OPEN ACCESS, COPYRIGHT & PERMISSIONS
Khyber Medical University Journal is an OPEN ACCESS JOURNAL which means that all content is FREELY available without charge to the user or his/her institution.
USERS are allowed to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of the articles, or use them for any other lawful purpose, without asking prior permission from the publisher or the author. This is in accordance with the BOAI definition of open access.
The work published by KMUJ is licensed and distributed under the creative commons License CC BY-NC Attribution-NonCommercial
AUTHORS retain the rights of free downloading/unlimited e-print of full text and sharing/disseminating the article without any restriction, by any means including twitter, scholarly collaboration networks like Google Scholar, LinkedIn, Academia.edu, ResearchGate, Twitter, and any other professional or academic networking sites. For details, visit our Self-Archiving Policy.
Khyber Medical University Peshawar PAKISTAN
If any reader, author or reviewer has any complaints against the journal, its staff, editorial board or publisher, it may be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org through an email with a subject mentioning COMPLAINT.
Complaints may also be submitted regarding issues related to inappropriate authorship, gift and ghost authorship; undeclared conflicts of interests, plagiarism, multiple, duplicate, concurrent publication/simultaneous submission, unethical research; fabrication/falsification of results, selective reporting; research standards violations, reviewer bias/competitive harmful acts by reviewers or any contribution to KMUJ that infringes copyright or other intellectual property rights. KMUJ will investigate the complaint and after enquiry report KMUJ will establish a decision about the complaint, which will be communicated to all relevant quarters.
Although every effort is taken to improve the standard of KMUJ and to make it free from errors, however, we accept that occasionally mistakes might happen. KMUJ welcomes highlighting any error or mistake to be corrected.
PLAGIARISM AND PUBLICATION ETHICS POLICY
KMUJ is a member of Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) UK and follows the COPE guidelines for promoting integrity in research and its publication. KMUJ is also following the policies of the World Association of Medical Editors (WAME), and KMUJ is included in WAME list of journals whose editors are members of WAME. http://www.wame.org/about/journals-whose-editors-belong-to-wame
All articles submitted to KMUJ are screened through Turnitin software for similarity index.
Details of publication policy is included in Editorial Policies of Khyber Medical University Journal
as well as in instructions to authors published in printed version of the journal.
PEER REVIEW POLICY
KMUJ is a PEER REVIEWED journal following DOUBLE BLIND peer review system. KMUJ has a panel of peer-reviewers with diversity in knowledge, viewpoint, and expertise in relevant specialties. Details of the peer review policy are given in Editorial Policies of Khyber Medical University Journal as well as in the instructions to authors published in the printed version of the journal.
Due to the blind peer review policy, review details are not shared publicly; however, they can be shared with indexing agencies, the Higher Education commission Pakistan and the Pakistan Medical & Dental Council on demand or during the journal evaluation process, as the case may be.