CONFLICT OF INTEREST
- At the end of the text, under a subheading “Conflict of interest”, all authors must disclose any financial and personal relationships with other people or organisations that could inappropriately influence (bias) their work.
- Authors should fill the COI form avaialable on ICMJE website and send it via email to email@example.com or submit it directly on KMUJ portal during mansucript submission.
- Examples of financial conflicts include employment, consultancies, stock ownership, honoraria, paid expert testimony, patents or patent applications, and travel grants, all within 3 years of beginning the work submitted.
- If there are no conflicts of interest, authors should state that.
- All authors are required to provide a signed statement of their conflicts of interest as part of the author’s declaration.
- The Conflict of Interest statements for each author should be stated separately - e.g.
- Muhammad Bilal declares that he has no conflict of interest.
- Fatima Khan has received research grants from Pharmaceutical Company X.
- Wasim Chaudhry has received a speaker honorarium from Pharmaceutical Company Y.
- Abdul Basit, received a travel grant from Pharmaceutical Company Y to attend international conference.
- If multiple authors declare no conflict, it should be written in one sentence:
- Muhammad Bilal, Fatima Khan, Wasim Chaudhry and Abdul Basit declare that they have no conflict of interest.
- If all authors declare no conflict, it should be written in one sentence:
- Authors declared no specific grant for this research from any funding agency in the public, commercial or non-profit sectors.
KMUJ will publish conflict-of-interest statement for each article.